7 days tripGalicia and northern Portugal vitivinicultural geography
Course: Galicia and northern Portugal vitivinicultural geography:
We will spend 7 days to better understand the characteristics of the different denominations of origin we visit, grape varieties, soils and climates. Don’t worry about it, throughout the week we will have several training sessions together to review important details
Spend 7 days (6 nights) touring one of the most historic areas in winemaking, including the world’s oldest designation of origin (Douro, 1756). Get ready for authentic breathtaking landscapes and wines with soul, which pass on the authenticity of their peoples. Contrasts that will take us from the fierceness of the Atlantic coast to the quietness of the Minho and Douro valleys. We will visit wineries but there will be time for food and starry nights surrounded by vineyards. What else can we ask for?
- Day 1: Douro (night in Porto)
- Day 2: Porto
- Day 3: Ribeiro (night in Ribeira Sacra)
- Day 4: Ribeira Sacra
- Day 5: Rías Baixas
- Day 6: Rías Baixas (night in Santiago)
- Day 7: Santiago de Compostela.
Wine enthusiasts wishing to spend a few days visiting wineries and learning more about wines from different areas of Galicia and northern Portugal.
They are not necessary.
Number of passengers:
Small groups to let us enjoy the details.
I’ll take care of the journeys so you can enjoy the wines without worry.
- Dates to be agreed with the group
- Departure: Santiago de Compostela
- 7 days(6 nights)
- Learning talks
- Tours and tastings in wineries
- Cultural visits: Porto and Santiago
- Hiking trail in Ribeira Sacra (2 hours)
- Catamaran ride by the Sil River
- Thermal session in O Ribeiro
- Meals (except for the last day)
- Nights on a double room B&B basics in a 4* equivalent Hotel, Manor House or Country Cottage
- Transport from the meeting point